Monday, September 12, 2011

Broaden my exposure

I had a very interesting conversation with Nigel, the fllow behind the success story that is Black Donald. We talked about his recent successes with publishing his debut via Amazon and Smashword, and of course getting it printed via CreateSpace. The fact that he had done it independent of some major publishing label was of no surprise, even though his work is in the same league as Orson Scott Card and Stephen King. Yes, he's that good. Incidently, he had pulled away from where he had started with; e-Quill Publishing.

While I've got no intention of pulling out of there, as it's there that you will find Iron Falls: The Enemy Within and its sequels Iron Falls: Puppets on a String, Iron Falls: Collateral and many more planned titles (of course, I plan to create an omnibus or two featuring three or four stories each within this particular universe that features Gene Bukowski and his friends). Besides, Vesta Central is there too. And no, I'm not going to pull them out. It doesn't make sense to pull out . . .


Not now . . .

Not ever.

I like e-Quill Publishing, and know it's early days before it would become a household name. Besides, there is a neat little clause in the terms and conditions section that indicates that I can my works elsewhere. I intend to do that with the as yet hypothetical Iron Falls omnibus edition while serialising the stories in novellas and short novels.


Having said that, I will be getting out of my comfort zone and try my hand in Amazon and Smashword with future titles. After all, I've got nothing to loose.

Right . . . ?

No comments:

Post a Comment