Wednesday, September 19, 2012

We're at warp factor now... soon, I hope

I'll be the first to admit that one of the things that drew me to Star Trek, in all its incarnations, was the idea of warp speed.  I could see myself behind the controls of the Enterprise as she raced through the heavens and kicking butt along the way.
Now it seems like there is a possibility of warp speed being viable.
If you don't feel like taking the time to read that, it's an article on space.com that points out that faster-than-light travel -- specifically, warp drive -- might not only be possible, but doable. Depending on the status of some Houston-based experiments, it might be possible for humans to travel ten times the speed of light in the near future. 
Now, that would be cool. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment