Sunday, March 10, 2013

Negotiating the challenges of life

I have just returned from a business trip in Wellington.

Okay, I know that as things go that ain't much, right? People travel on business trips regularly, so no brainer.   For me it was more akin to seeing what I can do despite what I can't do, and using a wheelchair (albiet a motorised one) you certainly have a toss up between the two.  You see this time, I flew up and went to meetings and seminars without any of my colleagues from work being with me this time round.  In other words, I had no back-up other than what supports I had called ahead for.

And between you, me and the guy next to us; it was the best realisation on what I can do.

You see, it's about negotiating through life's challenges. Sometimes you can kick butt to whatever life throws at you, and sometimes you need reinforcements . . . and sometimes, it's okay to accept support from wherever it came from, while all the way still kicking butt.  I did the last bit, I placed my trust in myself and in the support system one would expect in the airport, airline, taxi and hotel and did so without hesitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment